These biscuits are just what I have been looking for! They are so good! That good in fact I had to make an extra batch when taking photos for you all because my toddler helped herself to a bite out of each of them!
The spelt flour and oat combo creates a fibrous crunchy biscuit. The subtle hint of ginger with the sweetness of coconut sugar makes for a slightly addictive treat!
A healthier alternative to a normally overly processed convenience food! These cookies are full of health boosting ingredients.
Spelt aids in circulation, builds strong bones, boosts the immune system and aids digestion.
Ginger is a highly potent antioxidant and is great for reducing inflammation amongst other things. These biscuits are especially great for pregnant woman experiencing morning sickness as ginger can also help to relieve nausua too!
Organic Oat, Spelt and Ginger Biscuits
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12-15 mins
Yields: 11-15 biscuits
100g Organic oats
100g Organic wholegrain Spelt Flour
50-60g Organic Coconut sugar or demerara sugar
1-2 tsp Fresh ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
100g Vegan butter or Organic Coconut Oil
1 tbs plantmilk
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of pink salt
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Add oats, spelt flour, baking powder, cinnamon and finely chopped ginger into a bowl and mix.
4. Mix sugar and butter together either by hand or with a mixer.
5. Add the dry ingredients in parts mix well. Add plant milk to combine the ingredients easier.
6. Use hands to knead the mixture and ensure it’s all mixed in. Flour your surface and roll out the dough. You can make thin or thick biscuits it comes down to preference. Both work out great!
7. Cut your biscuits out and put on a greased non stick pan or on grease proof paper.
8. Put in the oven for 12-15 mins. Allow to cool.
Biscuits can be kept in an airtight container or sealed jar for up to 2 weeks.