These banana pancakes are the perfect way to start the day! Light and fluffy with a natural sweetness sure to satisfy all your senses.
Ready in only 15 mins they will definitely be a regular breakfast in your household from now on. With many toppings to choose from you can get creative and enjoy the basic pancake as you like. These pancakes can also be made gluten free by substituting for gf flour and gf baking powder
I love mixing it up each time I make these, adding cocoa powder to the batter creates a nice chocolately treat, great for an energy boost. High in antioxidants and a natural mood enhancer.
Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 10-15 mins serves: 4
1/2 cup organic plain flour or gf plain flour
1 ripe organic banana
200ml organic oat milk or other plant milk
1 Tsp of baking powder
1 Tsp organic cocoa powder (opt)
1 tbs of gram flour
2 tbs of water
Fresh strawberries, blueberries, Chia seeds
Organic agave syrup
1. Mix gram flour and water to make egg replacement.
2. Put flour into a jug.
3. Add plant milk, “egg”, cocoa powder, banana (mashed), baking powder and mix really well.
4. On a low to medium heat add a splash of olive oil to a non stick pan for 1-2 mins.
5. Pour pancake batter into frying pan, can either make large pancakes or small pancakes.
6. Cook each side for 2-3 mins.
7. Serve with fresh organic fruit, organic agave syrup and chia seeds.
Batter can be kept upto 48 hours in the fridge covered. Cooked pancakes can be kept in an air tight container for upto 3 days, best served freshly cooked.